Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Okay, Are We Done?

I thought her Mohawked friend
Was just a little glitch
He's just the tip of the iceberg
She's acting like a witch

I dropped her at a party
Another girl's birthday
“I’ll pick you up at nine o’clock
Beyond that time, no play"

“Why” is a word, before today
I thought was cool and curious
Now, if I hear it one more time
I think I will get furious

I never changed my mind before
To each decision I stick
"Can’t you see the deal is done?
Think, come on, let it click!"

We’ve been home an hour now
And still I hear that word
"You can't be serious, still you’re asking?"
This is just absurd!

"Cold shoulder?  That’s your worst?"
Thank God there's finally silence
Don't tell her that I like this
Or she might resort to violence

When morning comes, I'm hoping
Peace will reign again
I’ll be her hero father
Just like I've always been


Ken Goree

No comments:

Post a Comment