Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Zoo

The Zoo



Rabid curiosity
All
Excited interest
For
Tentative Peeks
or
Furtive glances
At
Wild beasts
and
Savage animals
while
Jumping excitedly
Thus
Spying animatedly
Then
Happily seeing
And
Knowingly acknowledging



Ken Goree

I took my kids (students) to the Woodland Park Zoo, today.  I had the craziest few in my group … dang, what fun!  You get the biggest bang for your buck with those guys.  They don’t hold back when they tell you what they feel, or what they are excited about, or how they wish they were a monkey, or, ”I wonder what it tastes like when the gorillas eat their own barf.”  Yes, that is quoting a kid.  Like I always say, “No blood, no fowl.”  Yes, I meant to spell it that way.  Seriously, there was no blood, but one gave another a bruise and narrowly missed taking out her eye when he was trying to point out the Gaboon Viper, to me.  Why she was standing that close to a viper, I have no idea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment