Monday, April 11, 2011

A Promise



Young and tender
A whisp
Thin and straight
A blade

Small and lost
From above
Full and thick
From horizon

Soft and comforting
A wish
Lush and complete
A promise


Ken Goree


I just planted new grass seed in my front yard, two weeks ago.  This last Thursday, I saw the very first hairs of green start to poke up.  Then someone mentioned how cool it is with a new seeded lawn, when it starts to grow, and from far off to the side it looks full and green.  Then when you walk up to it, and are looking down, it seems bare and sparse to the point that you can’t see much life at all.

My lawn is at that point, now.  Very cool!

1 comment:

  1. The longer I digest this poem, the more it pulls me in. I didn't expect that and it is a welcome feeling. I can't decide if I want it to be a metaphor for some aspect in my life, or let it be that comfort which comes from the simple pleasure of awareness.

    ReplyDelete