Friday, April 29, 2011

Restless Silent Night


I feel the silent
Catch in your
Breath
When night has fallen
When peace should
Wipe clean
Concerns
Of the day,
Week,
Life

I am here

As you sink 
Into the night
When your warrior
Gives way to the
Child who should be
Awed by starlight,
Moonbeams and the
Knowledge that
Angels watch over
her sleep

I am here

What coal black
Gremlins
Creep in at night
Casting
Icewater
Over your skin
Scratching and clawing
To reopen
Past wounds on your
Heart and soul?

I am here

When vacuum
Clutches
Trying to Empty
Heart of
Joy and hope
That has been
Growing,
To cast them
Into the
Abyss

I am here

When your
Nightmare
Trapped mind,
Scrambling for
Escape,
Cries out
Soundlessly
For the hand
Of love
And Strength

I am here


Ken Goree

No comments:

Post a Comment