Friday, April 22, 2011

Zombie Yoga


Hot Fusion Yoga
Seemed like a fine idea
Made me a zombie


Ken Goree


Okay, though it follows the pattern, this isn’t a haiku, because it isn’t about nature.  I guess it could be a senryu since it is a little about human nature … inhuman nature … undead nature?

I went to “hot yoga” for the first time yesterday, the 20th; my first time to any yoga, actually.  I stuck out the entire hour and a half,  at 105 degrees and 40% humidity (I’m taking their word for those figures).  I felt like a zombie the rest of the day.  Well, I didn’t feel like devouring the flesh of the living (I think that is actually a requirement to true zombie-hood), but the moving slowly, thinking slowly, and talking slowly I had down cold.  I think I should be offended that my kids didn’t notice the difference. 

Yes, I’m going back tomorrow.  In advance, let me say, “uuunnnhhhgg.”

No comments:

Post a Comment