Monday, September 5, 2011

To My Dear Students,

Dare
To try.
If you fall,
I will catch you.
When you fly,
I will cheer you on.


Mr. Goree


I spent more time in the classroom today, getting ready for the new school year.  I got more and more confident as the day went on, that I would be ready for my students when they walk into my room.  I wanted to find a quote, or make up my own about “winning” or “success.”  Then I realized, they will win, and they will succeed.  What I really want them to know is that they will win and they will succeed, and on the path to reaching those goals I will be as excited as they are about getting there, and if they stumble off the side of that path, I will help them back on their way.

I want them to know these things all year long, so I put it on their desk mats.  They will see that poem every day, and on those days when I don’t seem thrilled with their effort or behavior, they will have a reminder that I have faith in them.  Dopey, huh?

1 comment:

  1. If only there were more people in the world just like you :o) So positive and encouraging. Love, Dano

    ReplyDelete