Friday, September 9, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes
I get confused
When seeing
The big pain
Inflicted
By
Small
Cold
Hearts

Sometimes
I get clarity
When seeing
The big love
Shared
By
Enormous
Warm
Hearts


Ken Goree


I have a friend who is going through what could be the most despairing thing a lover, wife, partner could possibly go through.  In the midst of it all she radiates love, and strength.  She finds treasures and silver-linings in the midst of pain and suffering.  I’ve known her for several years and wish everyone could recognize and live “True Love,” as she has.  When you talk with her, you often leave with a tear in your eye; not from sadness in what could be her darkest hour, but because she once again has given you clarity into the joy that can be found in every moment. 

I am writing another poem, based on something she said yesterday; something that made me cry because it was so beautiful.  She has lived the storybook love that most of think can’t really exist.  She is a window into a world where it does.  I want to take time with this poem, to give it the depth and respect she and her tender comment deserve.

Unfortunately, I’ve seen lately too many people who energetically spread pain, fear and disaster to the people around them.  Luckily, I have been spared from people like this in my life, but I still get a different kind of tear in my eye, thinking of the poor souls they continue to damage.

We need more creators of love in our lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment