Sunday, January 23, 2011

Penelope's Limerick - "The Sleeper-Inner"

Penelope

There once was a girl named Penelope
Whose bed rested under a canopy.
She’d text through the night
‘bout this we would fight
Then next day she couldn’t wake before three

Ken



Several observations and information:
1.
All right, I seemed to have established at least one pattern on this blog. That pattern seems to be a certain interest in limericks. Another pattern that may be emerging is a tendency to feature people who sleep in, in my limericks.
2.
I read an article about “Sleeper-inners.” I don’t remember where I read it, so for now we will give credit to Amorphous They. In A. T.’s article, there was data collect that supported the generalization that Sleeper-inners tended to be risk takers and had a much higher rate of success in life.
3.
Sleeper-inners, the appearance of me making fun of you for sleeping in is purely coincidental.
4.
8-out-of-10 amateur and often immature poets think the name Penelope is outstanding as a name to use in a limerick.
Limerick purist would look down on my limericks, and possibly not even consider them limericks, because they lack socially unacceptable, perverse, taboo breaking material.

2 comments:

  1. The explanation is better than the poem...
    Disclaimer: I am a sleeper-inner

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a sleeper-inner.. well almost i go to bed around 2, wake up at 5 go back to sleep wake up at 7 stay awake until 830 then go back to sleep usually until 10/1030.. does that count?

    Mist

    ReplyDelete